If viewed from the type of performance and participation, dance can be divided into:
• Participatory dance, is dance that rarely describes a story and is only intended for social interaction or sports. This type of dance rule is usually related to prohibitions on both gender and certain ages. This type of dance can be in the form of folk dance, group, social, and in pairs.
• Theater dance, is a dance that describes a story and is performed and equipped with special properties. The main purpose of this dance is as entertainment. This type of dance includes ballet, Japanese dance, modern dance, and others.
Based on the choreography, dance can be divided into:
• Single dance, is a dance performed by a dancer or also known as solo dance. For example, Golek dance from Central Java.
• Paired dance, in Latin known as pas de duex or in cloud language is called a duet. This dance is performed by two people or in pairs. For example, Mask dance from West Java.
• Group dance, in a foreign language called the choreography group, which is a dance performed by at least two people. For example, the Saman dance from Aceh.
The type of dance if viewed based on the development of civilization in the archipelago can be divided into three, including:
1. Traditional dance
Traditional dance is a type of dance that has been passed down for generations, inherited from the time of the ancestors. This type of dance emphasizes philosophical, symbolic and religious values. All the rules of this dance are still rigid based on ancestral guidelines. In Indonesia, this traditional dance is divided into two, namely:
a. Classical traditional dance
This dance is also known as the palace dance because it developed among kingdoms and nationalities. This dance …